Wednesday 5 October 2011

A DOG'S BEST FRIEND IS?

Some months ago a wee character called "Ava" became part of the family. Ava is a gorgeous Ridgeback and mischief on four legs. "Adopted" by one of my best friends I've enjoyed watching Ava grow up. But of course, any life is not without incident and Ava's had to learn to tell the difference between what to eat and what not to. You could say there are times when she is still learning these lessons but like any mum, my friend is always there for Ava.

This Sunday, having my customary "bacon roll" breakfast at my pal's house - we were talking about "mum's". No matter what age you get, it seems that when we don't feel well these are the times we will always feel "I want my mum!" Watching Ava, suffering a bit of a sore tummy - I watched her interacting with my friend, effectively "Ava's mum". Ava rolled her big brown puppy dog eyes, whined longingly and in a moment my pal was up to snuggle her in a blanket, give her a cuddle and then prepare a small piece of chicken for the patient...



I did not want to use the flash on my camera and risk disturbing Ava, so some of the photos are quite dark but I think they tell a wee photo story. And the last photo shows Ava in full health. Indeed, after some chicken and a wee 20 minute snooze - the speed of Ava's full recovery was quite remarkable! It never fails to amaze me what the word WALKIES can do to a previously sleeping dog!

I WANT MY MUM
MUM?
HMMM, MAYBE I COULD EAT SOME CHICKEN...

Zzz

As so often in life
- a mum's efforts really do 
help to make things so much better!

"Hmm, so -
what mischief could I
get up to next?..."




No comments:

Post a Comment